Table of Content
- 1 Features before buying
- 2 Following is the list of Best Scope
- 3 Burris 200261 (Best Scope Under $500)
- 4 Description
- 5 Features
- 6 Primary Arms (best AR 308 scopes)
- 7 Features
- 8 Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm (best scopes under $1000)
- 9 Features
- 10 Bushnell Optics Drop Zone-223 (Best Ar 15 optics)
- 11 Features
- 12 Nikon P-308 (Best long range scopes)
- 13 Features
- 14 Conclusion
Choosing the best scope for a 308 gun is simpler than you think. The 308 is a rifle which is designed to shoot at a long-range aim. The 308 is the best tactical rifle, but it’s not necessarily for only snipers. It’s an excellent rifle for hunting too.
Like every other gun lover, the 308 rifle owners want the best gears their firearm and what is the better approach than getting the best scope for their guns? We have arranged and described some necessary and most important requirements to assist you in purchasing the best scope for your 308 rifles.
But before moving on let’s go through some fast facts about 308 scopes
Features before buying
For any scope, you purchase sustainability will obviously be a big plus. The scope should be rugged and be ready to adapt to any condition. Go for a scope having a secure and sealed tube. Also ensure the scope is fog resistant, scratch resistant, shock resistant and water resistant. Make sure the scope forged with durable materials.
It is one of the essential factors you need to consider. You should be able to get a clear image of your view with long-range magnification, whether the light is bright or low.
Usually, the 308 designed for long-range shots. It means the perfect purchase would be a scope intended for more than 300 yards shots. Distance and high magnification clarify works hand in hand. If the scope can cover a long range and do not have excellent clarity, then means that you have chosen a wrong scope for your guns
Ease of use
Everything about the scope is comfortable for you. Assure you’re the magnification can quickly be increased or decreased. Once you have fired a shot, you should not have to reset the magnification repeatedly. Also, make surety that you have a smooth eye relief and reticle. If you have the made a right decision, then you will not feel uncomfortable or a headache while utilizing the gun. Ensure that you should go for a scope with a full diameter which will help you in taking the target at the long range
There are lots of scopes on the market. But do you think they have the same price? We believe No, They all differ in money. Nobody knows your resources more than you do. You should manage to purchase a scope for 308 that perfectly fits your pocket.
The general belief of people is that very high-quality product has a more significant price tag. It is not always right.
In some cases. Do your research while sticking your budget range, you would find the best for you.
Following is the list of Best Scope
Burris 200261 (Best Scope Under $500)
It designed for scout rifles, this Burris scope loaded with a ton of useful features including positive click adjustments, double adjustment springs, quad ring seals and other this they have many features. With the Burris Scout 2-7 x 32 scope, you will not have to wait for good weather so that you can go hunting. In fact, even there is bad weather you can still go out for hunting thanks to this scope. It is fog proof and waterproof scope which improves overall performance. It means that the scope will maintain its functionality whether it’s raining, foggy, or sunny.
There is an Eye relief of a scope, which means that the distance between the eye and the lens while using the scope and this is the only thing on which you should not compromise a little bit. It is because it plays an essential role in determining the functionality and safety of the scope as well your eye.
Burris understands the importance of eye relief. Hence, they’ve offered you what the best eye relief range in the market is. At 7.3 inches, the eye relief this scope provides is both reasonable and tightly managed. It gives you a full view with no dark rings around the edges which helps in the quick target. The eye relief enables you to avoid a black eye or worse when you’re using a rifle with high recoil.
- Hi-Lume multicoated lenses
- Positive steel-on-steel adjustments
- fog proof
- Nitrogen cleaned
- Ballistic Plex reticle
- Objective Lens Diameter: 39 mm
- Clear Objective Lens Diameter: 32 mm
- Ocular Lens Diameter: 38 mm
- Matte finish
- 1″ main tube
- Length: 9.7.”
- Weight: 13 oz
- Burris Forever Warranty
- Reasonable price for such a fantastic rifle scope.
- Fast and comfortable in setting and changing the position concerning your target.
- Shockproof and is resistant to any scratch.
- Adjustment is convenient.
- Owns a very less weight to feel as if you are holding the only RI
- Price can be less, but still, it is affordable scope to buy.
- It does not come up with the lens cap or mounting rings.
Primary Arms (best AR 308 scopes)
It meant for 308 loadings. The Number one Arms Mil/Mil 4-14×44 Front Focal Plane HUD DMR features to protect the ACSS HUD/DMR reticle that stays valid active the scope magnification range of 4x through 14x. The revolutionary HUD/DMR includes quick range; wind holds and leads the utilization of 308 scopes. No math required, no digging in included.
A side mounted parallax change handle helps by keeping the reticle parallax free and the target picture sharp at expanded reaches. This hazardous scope is shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof, and gives the 3-year guarantee. The illuminated center reticle features six brightness settings with an “off” indent between each set.
- Nitrogen Purged
- Aluminum extension
- Three Year Warranty
- Simple Range Estimation, Windage, and Moving Target Holdovers
- Bullet Drop Compensation
- 30mm Tube
- 40mm Objective
- Multicoated focal point to anticipate glare
- 1 MIL Click an influence on rising and windage
- Somewhat lit up reticle with six brilliance settings (red)
- Noticeable in bright sunlight
- Expansive turrets and side mount parallax change.
- Perfect for DMR or accuracy rifle
- Exit Pupil: 11.2mm to 3.3mm
- Eye Relief 80mm to 82mm
- Great Scope
- Highly recommended
- Excellent glass quality
- Great verticle
- No drawback of this item has noted
Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm (best scopes under $1000)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope is the inspiring rifle scope you will be required for all your works. Designed uniquely for seekers and shooters, this Rifle Scope from Leupold combines all that you would ever need; featuring material power markers, finger-flexible snap windage, and height dials, and settings for low light conditions.
The Leupold VX-2, 3-9x40mm Full Feature Rifle Scope, will be your first recommendation over and over. The Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm Waterproof Rifle Scope offers the shine, clearness, and difference you have to guarantee the absolute best in all field conditions. With four focal point coatings for predominant light transmission, you’ll know why the Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm Rugged Rifle Scope viewed as a standout amongst other rifle scopes in the business.s
- Quantum Optical System
- Index Matched Lens System
- Diamond Coat
- 2nd Generation Argon/Krypton Waterproofing
- Externally Threaded Fast-Focus Eyepiece
- 3:1 Zoom Ratio
- 1/4 MOA Target
- 6061-T6 Aircraft Quality Aluminum
- Durable Lens Cover
- Leopold Full Lifetime Guarantee
- Magnification: 3-9x
- Objective: 40mm
- Tube Diameter: 1 inch
- Reticle: Duplex
- Linear Field of View: 34.6 – 14.6 ft 100 Yards
- Eye Relief: 4.2 inch – 3.7 inch
- Length: 12.6 inch
- Weight: 11.2 oz
- Color: Matte Black
- High-quality construction.
- Great Glass quality
- Up to 94% light transmission guaranteed by premium optic features.
- The diverse is the choice of reticles and color finishes.
- Broad and generous eye relief.
- Leupold Gold Ring Full Lifetime Guarantee
- Not suitable for dedicated long range, tactical shooters.
Bushnell Optics Drop Zone-223 (Best Ar 15 optics)
Bushnell is a well-known company in the manufacturing but also has a lot of experience in Optics scopes.
An accurate, well-assembled rifle deserves an incredible optic scope. Bushnell has designed their scope in such a way that every feature of the scope is perfect and pure for the shooters, for example, an expanded power range and side parallax center. The Drop-Zone 223 BDC (Bullet Drop Compensator) reticle is planned to give exact measurement at an assortment of separation ranges. Fresh, high-differentiate visual definition is the aftereffect of the covered optics. Waterproof development guarantees that this optic scope will perform amazingly and accurately even if it used in the rough weather
- Drop Zone 223 BDC reticle
- Second focal plane
- Fully multi-coated optics
- color: Matte color
- Magnification x Objective Lens (mm): 4-16x 40
- Reticle: CF 500
- Lens Coating: Multi
- Adjustable Range is present
- Mounting Length (in. / mm): 5.8 / 147
- Tube Diameter (in. / mm): 1 / 25.4
- Weight (oz. / g): 16 / 442
- Length (in. / mm): 14 / 349
- Eye Relief (in/mm): 3.3 / 83
- This scope is affordable
- The glass is neat and clean
- Give Clear image
- It is readily available in the market for everyone
- Highly recommended
- The main feature of this scope is that it gives the accurate target
- The brightness and clarity of vision are incredible
- The scope may not help people having an eyesight problem, but it does not affect or deteriorate anyone vision.
Nikon P-308 (Best long range scopes)
The Nikon P-308 is mainly set-up for the .308 WIN 168-grain HBT Match projectiles at 2,680 fps with the BDC-800 reticle. It additionally includes a revealed, “Zero-Reset” spring stacked turret. With the turret, you can set it rapidly back to zero, and it is shockproof, waterproof, and haze confirmation, despite the fact that there is no way of it being nitrogen-cleansed.
The focal point is entirely multicoated for a reasonable view and as said highlights the favorite BDC800 reticle. The Zero-Reset turret has a simple hold course knurling that assists with infield alterations. So setting it back to zero is brisk after you have located it in.
They have streamlined it so you can utilize it with the Spot On Ballistic Match Technology and assists with correct pointing focus on the BDC reticle. It is a free online application accessible at NikonSportsOptics. Also, as with a significant number of their different items, it’s sponsored by a restricted lifetime guarantee.
- Fully multicoated optical system
- Caliber-specific technology
- Precision reticle adjustments with spring-loaded zero-reset turrets
- Trajectory-compensating reticle
- Constant, generous eye relief
- Interchangeable turret technology
- Waterproof/fog proof/shockproof
- 100 yd parallax setting
- Quick focus eyepiece
- 3x zoom
- Compatible with the spot on custom turrets
- BDC 800 reticle
- Has a tremendous limited lifetime warranty,
- Has Power Variability,
- The Spot On App is superb,
- The BDC800 crosshair works perfectly,
- Affordable to buy
- Does not include the rings, sunshade or a lens cover,
- The reticles not illuminated,
- And has no parallax adjustment
Purchasing a scope for your 308 rifles depends on whether it’s for short or long-range shots. Now that you’ve known the essential requirements of a 308 scope, the these listed scopes will be perfect for your 308 guns, depending on whether for short or long range shooting.
If you need anything to ask or have any doubt comment below. Have a nice day