Table of Content
One of the best Vlogging & Photography Camera right now in the market is Nikon D5300, it give you the real taste of a DSLR and you enjoy using it. Starting from its picture quality, lens and other DSLR Nikon D5300 specs to its handling it is best package.
It offers a fantastic DSLR image quality and an inexpensive package. Its Live View lets you capture photos and videos while held away from your head with an amazing screen. Nikon D5300 video quality is also amazing. The DSLR Nikon D5300 adds GPA, Wi-Fi, with a slightly larger screen over the last model which was D5200. The D5300 comes in black, grey and red. In all its colors Nikon D5300 red is he on which people like most. The weight is so light that it is can be carried easily plus it captures stunning images.
The screen resolution on this great cam is higher than the $6,500 Nikon D4s, though the pictures are the same, almost. The shutter on the D5300 is more fast than the D4s. The only reason to pay more cash for D4s is if you subject your camera to daily physical and environmental abuse else if you are an expert photographer than its nothing to worry about.
This Nikon beast has the same advanced features and adjustments as Nikon’s other more expensive models, but it forces you to go to the menu and do so unlike the D7100 which has a dedicated button for the same feature. For normal people the Nikon D5300 model has its modes on the dial on the top, while the D4s demands a person to hold a button and then spin the knob. The D5300 also has modes like Macro, Sports and Portrait, while some pro cameras don’t even have these modes.[wps_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc1rcGDXVSM” width=”670″ height=”500″]
Nikon D5300 advantages
- Amazing image quality
- Excellent built-in flash
- Fast and competent autofocus
- Light weight
- Fast handling
Nikon D5300 dis advantages
- No one-click playback zoom
- No battery percentage number
- (AF-S) Lenses
Like other inexpensive Nikons which are D5200, D5100, D5000, D3300, D3200, D3100, D60, D7100 and D40x, everything works wonderfully with all the models of the modern AF-I and AF-S lenses. The modern AF-S and DX lenses are the best lenses for the D5300, the older lenses aren’t as good optically or ergonomically.
Nikon DSLR D5300 Specs
- LARGE, 24 MP : 6,000 x 4,000 pixels native.
- MEDIUM, 13.5 MP : 4,496 x 3,000.
- SMALL, 6 MP : 2,992 x 2,000.
- Both NEF (12- or 14-bit compressed raw), JPG.
- Auto: ISO 100 – 12,800.
- 95% coverage.
- 0.46x magnification with standard 28mm lens (0.82x magnification with 50mm telephoto lens).
- -1.7 to +1.0 diopters.
- eye point : 18 mm.
- 2,016 pixel RGB meter sensor.
- 3D Color Matrix, center-weighted and spot.
- 39 points, also settable to only 11.
- Nikon Multi-CAM 4800DX sensor module from the D7000.
- AF-S (single). AF-C (continuous), and AF-A (auto selection between the other two modes).
- 1/4,000 to 30 seconds in 1/3 or 1/2 stops, bulb.
- Maximum speed with flash (sync speed) 1/200.
- Up to 5 FPS.
Source : Kenrockwell
- i – TTL metering.
- Works only with SB-910, SB-900, SB-800, SB-700, SB-600 and SB-400.
- 1/200 sync speed.
Nikon D5300 Video
- 1,920 x 1,080 at 59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p or 23.976p.
- 1,280 x 720 at 59.94p or 50p.
- Non-standard (cropped) 640 x 424 at 25/30p 29.97p or 25p.
- Up to 30 minutes per take, 20 minutes in 1080 50 or 60 p or only 3 minutes in “miniature” mode.
- H.264/MPEG-4 stored as .MOV files.
Nikon D5300 LCD
- 3.2″ swivel.
- 720 x 480 pixels (1,037,000 R, G or B dots).
- 5.1 x 3.9 x 3.1 inches.
- 129 x 98 x 78 millimeters.
- 18.750 oz. (531.5 g), actual measured weight with battery and card.
- Battery alone: 1.700 oz. (48.1 g), actual measured weight.
- Nikon rates the D5300 at 18.7oz. (530 g) with battery and card.
- Nikon rates the D5300 at 16.9 oz. (480 g) stripped naked.
- IEEE 802.11b: DSSS/CCK.
- IEEE 802.11g: OFDM.
- 2,412 to 2,462 MHz (channels 1 to 11).
- 54 MBPS.
The AF points are almost everywhere in the frame, which is much better than “Full Frame” DSLR. The default settings are pretty good, the D5300 uses its sensors pretty efficiently plus it’s fast and easy. The face detection idea is a bit dull though, if a face is behind something so the D5300 normally focuses on that “something” in its default Auto AF select mode.
Battery and Power
As we all expected, shot-per-charge life is very long, much longer than other cameras. It normally runs 1,000 shots per charge. The charger is a small one, the charger light blinks slowly while charging and stands by when fully charged.
DSLR Nikon D5300 in short
The Nikon D5300 is an excellent camera with amazing image quality that weights next to nothing. The image is fantastic, with a high resolution that the D5300 push many lenses to their limits, though for professional users, the Nikon D5300 hides too many features behind the menu system instead of providing its specific buttons.